Friday, March 02, 2012

C'est fini!

Just in time to bring up to work for March, I have finished Lizzie*Kate's Spring Alphabet.  Yay!

Spring Alphabet by Lizzie*Kate
2 over 1 on 16 18 ct Oatmeal Aida
Finished 2012-02-26

That's a standard 8x10 frame to give you an idea of size.

I made a few tweaks here and there per my own personal preference--but nothing radical.  It's stitched using the DMC colors called for except for a different light green.  I thought the one on the list was too close to the dark green and didn't look enough like the overdyed used in the model.

I really like this series.  They are easy to stitch (no fractionals, specials, or back stitching) and you don't have to invest in a bunch of specialty threads to get almost the same look as the model.  Although it does help to not start too far down on your fabric.  *eyeroll*  I think I will be diving right in to the next one (Summer) and keep these as my Friday night Ghost Adventures stitch.

ETA:  Oopsie!  That's 18 ct Oatmeal Aida.  Sorry about that!

No comments: